1825 Wedding Cake House in Kennebunk, Maine (PHOTOS)

1825 Wedding Cake House in Kennebunk, Maine

104 Summer Street, Kennebunk, Maine, United States, 04043

Located in Kennebunk, Maine, the George W. Bourne House, now known as the Wedding Cake House, was built in 1825 by shipbuilder George Bourne. Impressed with the Gothic architecture he saw while doing a tour of Europe, Bourne rebuilt the carriage house and barn in what later came to be known as Carpenter Gothic style. In 1983, the home was purchased from the last descendant of George Bourne to live there by Mary Brunett and her daughter Anne.  The home was completely restored in 1984. Opened to the public for the first time in 2005 by the current owners Jimmy Barker and Kenneth Douglas as a fund-raiser for Hurricane Katrina relief. Information found on Wedding Cake House.

Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.



Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.



Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.



Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.



Photo by @brendadarroch on Instagram.
Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.
Photo by Wikipedia
Photo by Wikipedia



Photo by The Wedding Cake House on Facebook.