18,400 Sq. Ft. Riverside Estate on 25 Acres in Ireland

Knight Frank

Knight Frank

18,400 Sq. Ft. Riverside Estate on 25 Acres in Ireland

Price on Application | 18,400 Sq. Ft. | 14 Beds | 14 Baths | 25 Acres
Riverside Estate. Kinsale, Co. Cork, Ireland

It offers the unique combination of luxury living at its finest and the best of country lifestyle, as Kinsale is voted one of the top places in Ireland to live and work. Mansion House Family Home of 8 ensuite bedrooms, country style Kitchen, Family Room, Sitting Room, Dining Room and other living spaces; PLUS Entertainment Wing with 6 ensuite guest bedrooms and various entertainment rooms. The Grounds – With two electric security gate entrances, there are 25 acres consisting of manicured lawns, pond, streams, walled garden, horse riding arena, fields, stables and garages – wrapping around the river with private jetty, fishing deck and more. What makes this property unique, is a combination of its location and manageable size of grounds. The property sits on a manageable site area of c.10 ha (25 acres) which comprises extensive landscaped gardens, kitchen vegetable garden, walled garden surrounded by stone famine walls, mature hardwood trees, fruit trees, antique well head, playground and ancient crocquet lawn.

Knight Frank

The property is fronted by 16th century 12 foot high stone Famine walls along the Ballinacurra Road. You enter the property through high electric gates and wind you way down a tree-lined ½ kilometre avenue which brings you up to the front of the Mansion House. The property also has low stone walls around the boundary. There are 2 electric gate entrances – one for the Mansion House, Cottage and Coach house with extensive tarmac carpark – and the other for the Lodge. The property enjoys private water frontage onto the Ballinacurra Creek and Whitecastle Creek, which feed into the Bandon River. There is a rebuilt jetty and fishing deck as well as road access to this picnic area, and the remains of a stone boat house (development potential). Much of this area also has handmade stone walls which would have formed an old quay. We are told that the ships bringing supplies during the Kinsale Battle of 1601 used the Ballinacurra Quay.

Knight Frank

The Estate includes Kippagh Wood – an authentic Irish ancient forest – which can be accessed by a bridge over the Ballinacurra Creek. There is a pathway through the woods for walking, jogging or horse riding and leads to the Gulley Bridge on the Bandon River.
Within the grounds there is also a fenced sand riding arena, double garage, 2 stables and fenced paddocks for horses. In addition to the main Mansion House, there are also additional houses that could be used for extended family use, live-in staff, onsite caretaker or security. These include the renovated 4 bedroom Stone Cottage, 4 bedroom Coach House and the newly built 6 bedroom Lodge. The Mansion House is a detached Georgian two storey property constructed c.1770 which has been remodelled and refurbished. The 18,000-square-foot home is well-proportioned and is currently laid out as 14 ensuite bedrooms and a multitude of living and entertainment spaces.

Knight Frank

The building is a combination of stone walls and plaster finish. And the roof is a pitched natural slated roof with some flat felted sections. The majority of the windows were replaced in 2003 and are timber casement or sliding sash, single and double glazed. Heating is by way of antique oil fired cast iron radiators which are divided into 6 zones. In addition there are a number of open fire places and wood burners throughout the House as well. To the front of the Mansion House is the original crocquet lawn, stone flagstone terrace, stone arches and garden beds with numerous shrubbery and trees. The original well for the House is also there with a 16th century well head. The views from the House are unobstructed views of the countryside with no direct neighbours in sight. The East Wing has the added benefit of becoming a separate ‘Entertainment’ Wing – perfect for extended family use, hosting guests, lavish house parties or corporate retreats. The Stone Cottage was built in the 1700s and it was fully renovated between 2000 – 2003 and is now a detached house of c.166 square metres (c.1,786 square feet).


Rupert Sweeting • Rupert.Sweeting@knightfrank.com • +44 20 7861 1078
Knight Frank
Photography Credit: Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank
Knight Frank



Knight Frank

Facebook Comments