$24M Campbell’s Soup Compound in Gladwyne, PA (PHOTOS)

$24M Campbell’s Soup Compound in Gladwyne, PA

$23,950,000 | Built c.1928 | 15,000 Sq. Ft. | 11 Beds | 8.5+ Baths | 67.7 Acres
1543 Monk Road, Gladwyne, Pennsylvania, United States, 19035

It was designed by architect Edmund B. Gilchrist and built from 1928-31 for Rodman Ellison Griscom, a Philadelphia stockbroker and son of shipping magnate Clement Griscom. His father had commissioned architect Frank Furness to design a substantial shingle style mansion several miles away called Dolobran, Rodman named his estate Dolobran II. Following Griscom’s death in 1944, the estate was purchased by John T. Dorrance, Jr., son of the inventor of condensed soup and former president of the Campbell Soup Company, who renamed the property to Cedar Crest. The Dorrance family owned Cedar Crest for more than fifty years. John T. Dorrance, Jr. died in 1989 and in 1990 Cedar Crest was valued at $10.5 million with his vast art collection reportedly valued at over $129 million. The property changed hands again in 1999 when Robert Burch purchased it for $9.3 million. He changed the name a third time, this time to Linden Hill, and first listed it in 2013 for $24.5 million. The property has been on and off the market ever since before taking a three-year hiatus in 2017. Linden Hill is on the market for $24 million with Lisa Yakulis of Kurfiss Sotheby’s International Realty.













 















Facebook Comments