Abandoned 1760 Captain John Hulbert House Brought Back to Life (PHOTOS)

Abandoned 1760 Captain John Hulbert House Brought Back to Life 

6 Union Street, Sag Harbor, New York, United States, 11963
A dilapidated historic home on Union Street in Sag Harbor has been masterfully brought back to life following a multi-year restoration and renovation project. The Captain John Hulbert House constructed in 1760 for Revolutionary War veteran Captain John Hulbert and his family. Captain Hulbert and his militia were integral in the recapture of Fort Ticonderoga from the British in 1773. It is rumoured that the original prototype of the American flag was designed by Hulbert to lead his forces and was believed to have influenced the one sewn by Betsy Ross the following year. The property sold in 2017 for $2.5 million and was completely restored and renovated by Breskin Development. The East Hampton Star reported in April 2016, “The house formerly owned by the Morpurgo sisters, at 6 Union Street in Sag Harbor, has fallen into fatal disrepair in the past year, leading Tom Preiato, the village building inspector, to recommend it be razed.” In 2007, the residence had reportedly not had heat or running years for years with the village declaring it unfit for human occupancy. Now fully restored and renovated, the 6,000 square foot residence was last on the market for $5.9 million. Click here to see all the interior photos! Photography by Jason Crowley and Dana Shaw. The property is not currently listed for sale. 







Facebook Comments