This grand estate was built in 1917 by Gerard Lambert (Lambert Pharmacal Co) on a 400 acre tract. “With architecture by Harrie Lindeberg and grounds and gardens designed by the younger Frederick Law Olmstead, both of whom Lambert closely collaborated with, Albemarle achieves a rare balance of grandness and intimacy, formality and naturalness.” Now the home of the American Boychoir School for over 50 yrs, it was acquired in 1950 by the then Columbus Boychoir. On the 18 plus acre property there are now 3 other main structures that are dormitory and faculty housing as well as the main mansion which is estimated to be some 16,000 square feet.
Expansive green areas serve as athletic fields plus garden areas, tennis courts, swimming pool all delightfully secluded and quiet as Mr. Lambert put it, wrapped within its “cool green arms”. There are 9 bedrooms in the main section, 9 bedrooms in the west wing, and 13 fireplaces throughout. Property may be sub-dividable and could be renovated and brought back to it’s former glory! A once in a generation opportunity!
Bathrooms: 9 Full, 6 Half
Speciality Items: 18.04 Acres, Built in 1917 by Gerard Lambert, 13 Fireplaces.
Address: 19 Lambert Drive, Princeton, New Jersey, United States, 08540