Historic 1888 Greek Revival Mansion on 20 Acres Asks $2.35M in Cleveland, Tennessee

Philip Slowiak Photography

Philip Slowiak Photography

Historic 1888 Greek Revival Mansion on 20 Acres Asks $2.35M in Cleveland, Tennessee

$2,350,000 | Built 1888 | 5,508 Sq. Ft. | 5 Beds | 4 Baths | 20.82 Acres
201 Fillauer Lake Rd NE, Cleveland, TN 37364
Sited on over 20 acres of stunning grounds with a historic 1888 Greek Revival mansion, caretaker’s cottage, barn, and an additional single-family home, this unique property is on the market for $2.35 million in Cleveland, Tennessee. Listing details: It is rare for a property to come up for sale that is rich in both history and opportunity. The Fillauer Lake Estate is such a property and offers the chance to own and live in a piece of local history, operate a business, or develop wooded land 2 miles from the historic heart of Downtown Cleveland. Bordered by Lee University, the estate comprises 20.82 acres with a spring-fed lake, a 5,508 square foot Greek Revival house originally constructed in 1888 with a substantial remodel in the 1960s, a caretaker’s cottage, barn, and an additional single-family residence once occupied by the most recent caretaker.
Philip Slowiak Photography
Currently, the house and barn are used as event venues and have provided an enchanting backdrop to many local weddings, parties, and special occasions. The barn and surrounding gardens provide the perfect space for a wedding ceremony or reception, while the house provides bridal suites and groom’s accommodations. These modern-day social gatherings pay homage to the many gatherings and socializing of Clevelanders in the 1920s through the 1940s when Fillauer Lake was a local destination to gather on a hot summer day. The house and surrounding property was purchased by J.B. Fillauer in 1920, and in 1922 the lake was opened to the public. Streetcar tracks from Downtown Cleveland ran to the property and people from surrounding areas could visit to swim, paddle boat or picnic on the grounds.
Philip Slowiak Photography
Changing rooms lined the shore of the lake and bathing suits were available to rent for 10 cents. World War II saw an end to this enterprise due to the large amount of maintenance required and the lack of labor during the war. The property was inherited by William T. Fillauer and he began remodeling the house in 1960 and drained a portion of the original lake to one third its original size. It has remained in the Fillauer family ever since. This property is truly one-of-a-kind and has been cherished by generations of family. Valuable in both development opportunities, physical location, historical background and as a private setting for a primary residence or business, the Fillauer Lake Estate is exceptional. This beautiful estate is on the market for $2.35 million with Don Ledford of Keller Williams Realty – The Don Ledford Group. Photography by Philip Slowiak.
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography
Philip Slowiak Photography



Philip Slowiak Photography