Coudersport, Pennsylvania, United States
A long abandoned Italianate villa along Coudersport, Pennsylvania’s main street is in the process of being restored by a family who plan to open the historic home as a venue or possibly a bed and breakfast. The Old Hickory – F.W. Knox Villa was built for Franklin W. Knox in 1880 and once served as the Old Hickory Tavern. Potter Leader-Enterprise reported that the 5,070 square foot villa passed through several owners before the Mauser family of Lehigh Valley purchased it in 2016 for $58,100. The Rigas family, previous owners in the 1980s, gutted the home in hopes of transforming it into a bed and breakfast. Those plans fell through and it sat empty for several years. Potter Leader-Enterprise also reported that the current owners plan on putting the porch back on the side of the house, re-doing the roof as to how it looked originally and replacing several failing windows. Notable architectural details include a 55-foot tower with views of Coudersport, two spiral staircases and numerous bay windows. The owners have taken to social media to share the restoration process. Check out the Old Hickory – F.W. Knox Villa on Facebook and Instagram. Photos found on Google and Old Hickory – F.W. Knox Villa’s Facebook Page.