Pittsburgh’s c.1905 Kelly House Designed by McClure & Spahr for $4.9M
1145 Beechwood Boulevard, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, 15206
A stately brick manor on a 1.4 acre property in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is on the market for $4,900,000. It was designed by famed architectural firm McClure & Spahr and built c.1905 by Henry Shenk & Company for Samuel and Margaretta Park Kelly. According to the TribLive, the project cost approximately $56,000 and remained in the Kelly family until 1982. Current owners, Ron and Susan Petnuch, purchased it in 1996 for $695,000 and have maintained, restored and added a few of their own amenities in the process. There is more than 14,000 square feet of space with nine bedrooms, eight bathrooms and ten fireplaces, as well as quarter-sawn oak, cherry, walnut and mahogany woods throughout and original single pane windows. The front door opens to reveal a marble vestibule with leaded glass windows which leads to a grand entry hall featuring marble flooring, ornate mouldings and pillars carved from quarter-sawn oak. Original plasterwork adorns many ceilings and pocket doors provide privacy to rooms on the main level, many of which are home to exquisite built-ins and fireplaces. The current owners have added a wine cellar, three-car garage, mud room and an office. Triblive also revealed that data from a 1920 census showed that the Kelly family had six servants, four maids, a gardener and a cook. The Kelly House is on the market for $4,900,000 with Howard Hanna.