The Schweppe Estate
405 North Mayflower Road, Lake Forest, Illinois, United States, 60045
‘The Schweppe Estate’ on Lake Michigan was restored to perfection in the 1980’s by 70 craftsmen, including European artists and stonecrafters.
This architecturally significant English Renaissance estate was designed by Frederick Wainwright Perkins in 1917. The Schweppe estate was the gift of Mrs. Schweppe’s father, Marshall Field & Company president John G. Shedd.
The west terrace and dramatic east bluff-edge terrace were designed by the eminent Boston firm of Pray, Hubbard & Company.
Features include: Hand-carved millwork and mouldings throughout 3 levels of living space, 11 fireplaces with exquisite hand-carved marble mantles, limestone molding & plaster relief ceilings, spectacular library, and grand sun-filled rooms with amazing views of the beautiful grounds and Lake Michigan. There are also 12 Bedrooms, 12 Full Bathrooms, and 4 Half-Baths.
Size: 21,036 Sq. Ft.
Bathrooms: 12 Full, 4 Half
Specialty Items: Built in 1917, 5.3 Acres, 11 Fireplaces, 30 Rooms, Hand-carved Millwork, Library.
Address: 405 North Mayflower Road, Lake Forest, Illinois, United States, 60045